Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finished WIP and feeling a little blue . . .

Completing a manuscript, for me, is kind of sad--a good kind of sad. You know the kind. When you're really into a book or a movie and you never want it to end, because you have to let go of the world and characters you've come to love and treat like real people.

Coming to the end of a WIP always makes me a little sad. (i.e. sad Dark Vadar) Writing that very last sentence, hitting save, and closing Word. It's like a bittersweet break-up.

Then bang your head against the keyboard when you realize you aren't really done. Edits. Edits. Edits.

Typically I jump right into line edits after completion, but I'm doing things a little different this time around. I'm shelving it for a few days, going to work on outlining a sequel for Half-Blood.


S do any of you get a little sad when you come to the end of your manuscript?

2 comments:

  1. I just finished final edits on my MS and ended up in tears. It's such a long process, who wouldn't feel sad to let it go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It's like sending a kid out to college, hoping they don't flunk out in the first semester and come back home.

    ReplyDelete