Saturday, March 19, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday and FREE STUFF

Don't you guys love how I sporadically remember to do this? It's really kind of sad actually.

But this Sunday (er, it's really Saturday night) my six sentence has a hidden purpose. Oh yeah. How hidden you ask?

Okay. I just may be exaggerating a teeny, tiny bit on that one. Cool points on whoever can say what movie that's from.

Awhile back and I'm not even sure if it was here or there or somewhere, but it was briefly mentioned that there would be a free *short story* in e-book format that would release before Half-Blood. It wouldn't be a necessary read, but it would introduce you to Alex and it's free. So why not read it?

So I thought I'd do my Six Sentence Sunday from it. But because I always FORGET to do this. I doubled on it. 

Months had went by with us barely exchanging a “hey” and “do you have a pencil?” when we finally met up at a party on the beach. We talked. He kissed me and mauled my boobs, all the while smelling like cheap beer. I punched him and broke his jaw.Mom moved me to a different town after that. 

And.....

I was like a walking young adult romance novel character. Love conquers everything and all that crap. Sure. Love in my world usually ended up with someone hearing “I smite thee!” and cursed to be some lame flower for the rest of their life.
            Gods and their children could be petty like that. 

 And just for the fun of it.. The immediate line after that is:

But if that was to be my fate one day, I hoped I became a flower that give people rashes or pricked them to death
Soooo.... there you go. That's my TWO six sentence Sunday for you. Hope you enjoyed. And stayed tune. I'll probably, eventually, have real news about that free e-book thing. 

6 comments:

  1. LOL @ "mauled my boobs'

    I freaking love Alex. She's way too funny for her own good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posts. Love the lame flower reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you make me want Half-Blood anymore? I didn't think it was possible, but here you go, sharing short story goodies.

    I'm with lexcade about loling at the 'mauled my boobs' line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahah! I totally love the "mauled my boobs" thing too! :)

    Can't wait for this e-book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raiders of the Lost Ark, and I'm wicked excited to read the short story. I even have a cover design in mind...

    ReplyDelete