Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sweet Sixteen YA Crush Wrap Up and Onyx Trailer

Thank you to everyone who voted for Aiden and Daemon! You guys are so awesome. A big thank you to their advocates, Kayleigh and Valerie. You guys did a wonderful job! I couldn't be more lucky to have you two as advocates!

Both Aiden and Daemon had some stiff competition yesterday, and I'm said to see Aiden go, but Kayleigh you did an awesome job!

Since Daemon did win (and faces off against Dimitri on Monday) here is a sneak peek at the "Library Scene" from Onyx


“Whatever, Kitten.” Daemon gripped my hips, lifting me onto the edge of the desk with an ease that was disturbing. “I know better.”
My breath was coming in short gasps. “You don’t know anything.”
“Uh huh. You know, I was worried about you,” he admitted, moving forward, easing my legs apart. “You kept calling out my name, and I kept answering, but it was like you couldn’t hear me.”
What were we talking about? My hands were on his lower stomach. His muscles were hard underneath the sweater. I slid my hands to his sides, totally meaning to push him away. Instead, I gripped
and pulled him forward. “Wow, I must’ve been really out of it.”
“It…scared me.”
Before I could respond or even give thought to the fact that my sickness actually scared him, our lips met. My brain clicked off as my fingers dug through his sweater, and…and oh, God, his kisses were deep, scorching my lips as his hands tightened on my waist, pulling me against him. Daemon kissed like he was a man starving for water, taking long, breathless drafts. His teeth caught my lower lip when he pulled away, only to come back for more. A heady mix of emotions warred inside me. I didn’t want this, because it was just the connection between us. I kept telling myself that, even as I slid my hands up his chest and circled them around his neck. When his hands inched under my shirt, it was as though he reached deep inside me, warming every cell, filling every dark space within me with the heat from his skin.
Touching him, kissing him, was like having a fever all over again. I was on fire. My body burned. The world burned. Sparks flew. Against his mouth, I moaned.
There was a POP! and CRACK!
The smell of burned plastic filled the cubicle. We pulled apart, breathing heavily. Over his shoulder I saw thin strips of smoke wafting from the top of the ancient monitor. Good God, was this going to happen every time we kissed?


Poor Katy. Still blowing up electronic equipment. Speaking of blowing up things, the Onyx trailer will premiere Friday August the 10th! More details on that to come, but now you at least know when.

31 comments:

  1. OH, WOW! That was....SO HOT! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Too funny, but def hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! That was hot. I want more! :P

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pumped to read this book, and super excited that we get to see a trailer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGG! Amaze-balls! I can't wait for Aug 14th! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!!!!!
    Can´t wait for the booooooooooookkk :DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was FANTASTIC!!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! That scene was amazing!!! I absolutely can't wait for Onyx!!! And I'm super excited for the trailer! Thank you for sharing this with us! I'm sure we'll all be voting for Daemon on Monday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I remembered that scene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved that scene!! I can't wait to see the Onyx trailer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ma'am, I don't know if to love you, worship you, or envy you because you know what happens in the book. You truly are the Queen of Teasing Fans To The Point of Madness.

    Heart ya!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy wow, I can't wait to get the book!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the teaser!! I can´t wait to read Onyx, I preordered it just yesterday :)

    Go Daemon :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!!

    I need Onyx right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm supposed to be working!!! How am I supposed to work now???? I can't wait for the trailer to come out however!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh good god that was awesome. But now I won't beable to focus at school! Thanks a lot! Maybe if I go to the library... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. * Hyperventilating* OMG!! This scene is amazing!!
    I need Onyx now!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If they can blow up laptops with their sexy, hot chemistry imagine what would happen if they ever did the "deed"... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ack!! So excited for this book! I'm re-reading Obsidian now to prepare me for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love it! Can't wait for Onyx! Can't wait for Monday! Go #TeamDaemonFTW

    ReplyDelete
  21. So good!!!

    Congrats girl!!!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're so awesome. This scene = amazing. Counting down until August 14th. I remember not wanting to wish my entire summer away before classes start again by waiting on Onyx to come out, but it's been completely worth it! <3

    Almost time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're so awesome. This scene = amazing. Counting down until August 14th. I remember not wanting to wish my entire summer away before classes start again by waiting on Onyx to come out, but it's been completely worth it! <3

    Almost time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this
    I really need Onyx Right now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my! I NEED Onxy like, yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete