And yes, I'm going to use bullets.
- I discovered Query Tracker and all the wonderful people over there.
- I started seriously querying in April of 2010, which was an enlightening experience
- I learned how to steal my coworker's XM radion, so I can listen online. Made of awesome
- I wrote 3 and 1/2 books in 2010.
- Some great book series came to an end. A sad but happy feeling.
- Received a crap ton of rejections
- Received several requests for fulls/partials
- Got some more rejections
- Got some revise and resubmits
- And got "the phone call"
- There was a zombie themed television show (My life is now complete)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
- I signed up for twitter. Something I said I'd never do.
- Discovered I can write while listening to music
- One year anniversary of being married, which is 6 months longer than my boss bet on. (Gee, thanks)
So what to look forward to in 2011
- The upcoming 2012 apocalypse. Nah, just kidding.
- Favorite shows coming back on: True Blood, The Walking Dead, Destination Truth, etc.
- Spin-offs of book series that ended in 2010. I'm looking at you Ms. Mead
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (I am torn on this one. I like the HEA at the end of the original trilogy and I know Ms. Clare is totally gonna screw that up. But Jace is my imaginary boyfriend, so I have to see what he's up to)
- There are SO MANY great books coming out in 2011: A Touch Mortal, Possession, Legacy, Accused, The Iron Witch, Witch Eyes, Shattered Souls, Across the Universe (which I am hearing GREAT things about), Firelight, and so many, many more.
- More and more writing, and hopefully more time to do it.
- My novel comes out, which is a scary and exciting thing
- Hopefully I learn how to have better patience in 2011. Not holding my breath on that one
So peeps, I have 2 questions for you.
1. What did you love best about 2010?
2. What are you looking forward to most in 2011?