Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bookmarks and me being a cornball


The Half-Blood bookmarks are in, and I love them. They are very pretty and super shiny. I must have a something for shiny things. As soon as the picks come in, I'll start sending out some swag for those who have requested it. Check them out ...



So I also got totally corny with Half-Blood after receiving a preliminary e galley copy of the book. I wanted to print it out. An ink cartridge later, I have this:


A thick 3 ring binder with a printed out copy of the cover. Giggle. Inside, you see this:


Which is the title page. Giggle. Then here is a chapter heading:


Yeah,  I cut off the words. Ha.

I know, it's corny. But seeing it printed it out is pretty cool to have. Soon we'll be hitting the proofing stage where I actually get to hold the actual book in my hand and mark it up. That will be fun!

Also, check out this blog! If you see the hastag #TeamAide(a)ns on Twitter, this blog will explain why. It's pretty funny Books Over Boys Blog

So that is the cool stuff I have to share with you. On a not so cool note, there are some links floating around on the internet where it says you can download Half-Blood for free already. Since there isn't a LIVE version of Half-Blood yet, these links probably aren't pirated, but actual viruses or lure sites to get your information. Not that any of YOU would download a pirated book.

Hope you enjoyed my cornballness.

12 comments:

  1. First, Yay bookmarks. My SASE should be there in a pretty blue envelope soon. Can not wait for Half-Blood Swag!

    Second, Let the nasty bad pirates get the viruses!
    Happiness and cupcakes,
    Shannon :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be just as cornball over this, too! :) I love the idea of the hash tag for the Aide(a)ns ... I already met Kristi's Aidan and can't wait to meet your Aiden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi and I have decided that Aidan and Aiden would have an EPIC bromance. They would also have the coolest seats together at the Lakers game.

    teehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! OMG! I want me some Half-Blood swag! SQUEE! They're gorgeous!

    And omg! I would totally print out an egalley copy of the book as well. It just looks way more awesome, IMO! *__*

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look awesome! (Hey, I don't blame you for putting it in a binder, it looks so pretty awesome! :D) Can't wait for actual publishing in a matter of...lots of months.

    >:( Grrr to the net pirates...They need to clean up their act.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, that's so exciting! The bookmarks are completely gorgeous, and I've heard such lovely things about Half-Blood so far. I've been swallowed up into the #TeamAide(a)ns hype, as well, haha. I can't believe we have to wait over 200 days until its release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeeeeee!

    Gorgeous as always :) SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great.

    I'm too much of a fan sitting and reading with the physical version of a book. I hope the world doesn't go digital. That might ruin reading for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kindros- I know. I'm a book type of a gal. I have some ebooks, but an actual book will always be my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO EXCITING! The bookmarks look great and I would totally do the same in terms of printing it out! :-) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, bookmarks! And it's awesome that you have the cover printed out and you have it all in a binder. It makes it more real, right?

    I can't wait to see what you do when you get a physical book to mark up. I'm expecting some sort of post to commemorate it.

    ReplyDelete