Sunday, February 27, 2011

Books for Kids Sponsorship

Yesterday, I saw the amazing Leah Clifford (author of A Touch Mortal) promise to donate a $1 for each like on this youtube video in support of Books for Kids. She also shared her reason for helping out.



"When I was younger, I had asthma and had a hospital stay because of it.  It was only a few days, but I remember how scared I was.  There were some leftover books one of the nurses gave me and to this day I remember how much they helped me. I can't imagine being stuck in a hospital for weeks or even months at a time."- Leah Clifford via i.eat.words.

I thought wow, this is really awesome of her and I wanted to help, too. I've never had any extended hospital stays, but being able to provide children with books is something I can get behind. So I contacted the lovely ladies, Britney and Farrah, and offered to sponsor an additional 100 likes. Between what they've already raised, Leah's sponsors and hopefully, some I can gain, that would buy a lot of books for a great cause. 

You can check out their blog i.eat.words to learn more about the sponsorship and cause.









So please take a few seconds to watch the above video and click like on the youtube page. It doesn't cost you anything, but will really go a long way.  Help spread the word, too.

2 comments: