Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What's your favorite book so far this year?


I took a hiatus from reading for several months while I worked on Half-Blood and its sequel, but so far this year I’ve read a crapton in books.

To name a few off the top of my head:

Darkness Becomes Her
Nightshade
Haven
A Touch Mortal
The Iron Witch
Personal Demons
Demon Trapper’s Daughter
Paranormalcy
Legacy
Firelight
An adult angel romance smutty book that I can’t remember the name, but yum!
Falling Under
 Clockwork Angel

I think I read more, but can’t remember them all. Anywho, my favorite so far has to be Demon Trapper’s Daughter.  I don’t know if it was the awesome setting of Atlanta after a economic downturn or the END IS NIGH type feel to it… Or that Beck is super hot with his “Ya’ll” southern drawl. Simon? Pfft. Bring on the Beck, baby.

After reading Demon Trapper’s Daughter, I decided I want a magpie. Not the kind of demon that pees on you, but the kind that is like a klepto Tinkerbell on crack. Magpies are terribly cute.

Granted, I wanted to bitch slap Riley into next week a couple of times, but not in a bad way. She was real, made mistakes, a bit mouthy and stubborn. In other words, a real teenage girl dealing with some heavy stuff.

So what has been your favorite book to read so far this year and why? Can’t wait to see!

4 comments:

  1. My fave thus far has to be the Evernight series.
    I haven't read any that you posted, but I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That I read this hyear:
    Memento Nora by Angie Smibert
    Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
    Delirium by Lauren Oliver*
    The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
    Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr
    Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every single book of the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Because the men are delicious and the plot is twisty and the mythology is excellent!

    Other than that, Seer of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier was exceptional too. She delivered on the touching romantic elements I come to expect and the great historical/fantasy fun I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved Delirium by Lauren Oliver. It was amazing!

    Courtney Summers' Fall For Anything had a super YA voice.

    And Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins just made me laugh till my cheeks ached.

    ReplyDelete