Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Housecleaning Post. Again.

A quick housecleaning post about contests that I run on my blog and Twitter. Typically I send out prizes within a week to two weeks of the contest ending, depending on what I have going on. Due to shipping costs (my last PO trip cost me over $50 just to give you an idea), I do not track the package or insure that package. 

So what does that really mean?

Like with most blogs and authors, that means if the package is lost, which does happen quite often, there is pretty much nothing that I can do about it. In most cases, I cannot replace the lost package or compensate. 

There is no way for me to really check if the package hasn't been received. Of course, I'd hope that no one would lie, but there's a lot of money involved in shipping out stuff. Also, it's a free thing that was won, so it costs me double and sometimes triple to keep resending. Now if someone has paid for something (like a signed book, etc) that's different. 


This is usually stated at the end of most of my contests, but just an FYI for the future, I cannot be responsible for any lost packages for contest material.  Hopefully, packages don't get lost in the future! Crosses fingers.


Thanks for being understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment